Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Problem Solving.

Peter spent all of yesterday evening making adjustments to the rayburn and trying to get it to run properly. This morning the temperature was worryingly low yet an hour or so later it had crept up to something near acceptable. 
Then disaster struck as I plugged in my trusty Vax to hoover the floor. It coughed, then whined and finally died. I rely on that Vax so it was a serious situation. One of the reasons I like my very basic Vax is that there is so little to go wrong. It's just a motor with an on/off switch. Hoping to be able to fix it I took it outside to see if I could get into the motor. I was able to work out how to remove the first cover ring without resorting to the web. It didn't look too dusty but I gave it a good brushing anyway and when I tested it, voilà it worked. I reassembled the whole hoover in the kitchen, plugged it in and ...... nothing. Then I had a lightbulb moment and tried a different socket and the Vax roared into life. So no busted Vax but yet another socket not working. Plugging in the toaster showed a flicker of life so it's probably a loose connection. Peter will have a look at it on Friday when he's at home all day. 
Having started overcast and cold the day became quite hot. I took my class out onto the field for PE but they took their drinks out and could sit and rest in the shade if they wanted. Sports' Day is nearing so I let them do some races, just 4 at a time so they didn't get over heated. Some of them are delicate little flowers. 
After work I walked into town dragging an enormous wheeled suitcase filled with linen, some embroidered and fabric. This was all stuff that had sat up in the loft for the last 23 years so I was taking it to the charity shop. All I kept was a plain sheet and a damask tablecloth that had been a present to my mother from a friend in whose family it had been for 130 years. Luckily the suitcase had wheels so I could pull it clattering away over the fancy paving stones. 
Traffic jam by the Lewis' farm.




No comments: