Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Wet and Windy.

It was cold, wet and windy this morning so I stayed indoors. I altered the top I bought yesterday, just a bit of hand sewing on the side seams and did general housework. 
I left 10 minutes later than usual as I had waited for the washing machine to finish and then hung the washing up over the rayburn. So I wasn't too pleased to find my way blocked by some of Mr Lewis' heifers. I couldn't work out what was happening. First the heifers would walk up the hill to be stopped by the chap in the photo. Further down the hill was another vehicle and a man there was stopping them from going on down the hill. Then it looked as if they were heading through the gate on one side of the road and then they'd be milling around again. In the end I got out to find out what was going on. The chap in the photo told me that Andrew Lewis was in the field trying to get all the heifers out so they could walk them up the hill to the farm. I explained that I needed to get to work so would go back and take another route but the men moved the heifers into the gateway so that I could get past. I was happily whizzing along on the main road when suddenly on a blind bend there was a tractor cutting the hedge and moving towards me on my side of the road! Fortunately my whizzing along is not all that fast and I cautiously pulled out on to the other side of the road to get past. 
At school I could tell it had rained heavily in the morning as all the children's book bags were soaked. The field was too wet to use for our PE lesson so the children did some relay races on the playground. It was only at playtime that I noticed that one of the trees in the Secret Garden had fallen down. This happened some time on the weekend but yesterday I had been teaching in one of the huts on the far side of the school building and we had stayed in at playtime. I made a quick trip to the Co-Op after school to pick up some fruit and vegetables and some cat treats for Squeaky. These are tiny crunchy pillows with some sort of filling and I use them to persuade her to eat her food. Now that she is old she won't bother with her food unless I put a couple of treats on top. Once she has eaten the treats she will then carry on and eat her tinned food. But before everything she has to have a little milk even though cats are not supposed to be able to digest milk. It's only because she is so old that she gets such special attention, all the rest of the cats (and dogs when we had them) get their dry food on an eat it or leave it basis. Come to think of it that how I fed the boys, the eat it or leave it bit not the dry food.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Funny that cats can't digest milk and I always think of cats drinking it. : )
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, it is a comfort knowing my step-dad is in heaven now and I'll see him again one day.