Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Wet.

It has rained for most of the day and is generally feeling cool and autumnal. I do hope this isn't the end of our summer. This morning at school the car park and playground were covered with leaves and twigs blown down by last night's gale. The rain eased off a bit in the afternoon but I couldn't face anymore PE so instead  we had a music session. I had some instruments for the children to play of the bang or shake kind and as I only let 5 children be musicians at any one time while the rest of the children sang "When you're feeling blue" and " When the rain came down"  (You can hear it here ) the children behaved well hoping to be picked. They didn't cotton on to the fact that I was simply working my way up their group lists which were on the wall next to us. To get through all the children we sang those songs 5 times but they are great favourites with the children. Part way through the afternoon the school secretary came in to tell the girls off because one of them had locked all the toilet doors by crawling under the partitions. She was deliberately very fierce (she isn't really) because some of the children are getting cheeky as we get to the end of the school year. We were pretty sure who the culprit was both by her face and previous behaviour not to mention that her name had been given by other children. She didn't admit it but I still gave her a stern telling off and here I have to confess that I can still remember doing exactly the same thing at my first school in Canada 55 years ago. I was seen doing the deed by a 'big girl' (I was only 5) and made to go back and unlock all the doors. As we are only an Infant School our toilet doors are low enough for an adult to reach over and open the doors.
Coming home there was a country traffic jam on the back road. I had followed this lorry carrying a tractor all the way from town so it had been a slow journey home. Just before I took this picture another tractor pulling a slurry tank had appeared coming towards us. Very luckily it was heading into the field and turned off the road. With cars behind me as well we might have been stuck while they worked out what to do. Towing something gives you right of way so we would all have had to reverse for a fair old distance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that's call a superb post. And nice photography too.

Hair Transplant in Canada