Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Fiery Sky.

It was too cloudy last night for a sighting of the Solstice strawberry moon  but for a brief moment we had a burning sky. One of the advantages of living in this valley is being able to walk up the drive in pyjamas, I won't be able to do that in town.
I was teaching all day and my early morning drive to work was through heavy rain which cleared before the children came to school. The children practised more Sports Day events and it was noticeable that the girls picked up the ball race quickly while the boys were still very confused. I had split them into girls and boys so that I could note the hares and tortoises for the flat races but the teams for everything except the flat races on Sports Day will be mixed.
At school the weather had swung between warm and hot but at home it was more between warm and cool. The ground was quite wet so I wonder if it had been raining here.
On the way home I had to stop at the top of the drive to collect the recycling box. For once it was utterly peaceful, a slight rustling of the leaves on the trees but the loudest thing was a lone fly. I couldn't even hear any birds (they're all down here singing away) not even the skylarks that I usually hear over the fields.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Beautiful sky!!

Harriet said...

Amazing photo of the sky. Lovely rose and I especially like the perennial geraniums. You have a lovely color variation.