Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Gales.

The rain started at around 8.00 this morning, a little after I arrived at school. I did have to run across the playground a couple of times to the staffroom splashing through the puddles with my flip-flops. I taught one reception class in the morning and then back to my usual class in the afternoon. I've just about got all the morning class children's names in my head though as usual there are a couple of pairs of similar looking children that I tend to get mixed up. From their class we have to walk the length of the corridor to the hall for lunch and I've developed a wacky way of getting them to walk in absolute silence something that is generally hard for 27 5 year olds to do. I walk at the front of the children and they have to 'fool' me into thinking there are no children following me. To encourage them I chat away to myself saying things like "I wonder what's happened to all the children?" or "Hm, they must still be in the classroom." Anyone hearing me would think I was totally bonkers but it's worth it especially as we have to walk past the Headteacher's office. In the afternoon it was too wet to even think about going outside for PE and the hall was already in use so I made up some indoor PE games passing beanbags and balls around a circle then up and down lines. 
Since getting home the weather has worsened though right now the sun is shining but a real gale is blowing. Tree branches are swaying and lashing around in all directions which is a little worrying. The internet has slowed down to a crawl and it took about 10 minutes to load each photo, hence only 2 today.
The birds are busy helping themselves to the redcurrants.

Peter has just got home with news that major power lines are down. We're not affected - yet.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope the power stays on!
The kids here are out of school for the summer holidays and don't go back until the end of Aug.