Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 June 2016

Drizzly Morning.

Woke up this morning to what we call mizzle which then turned into drizzle. That eventually dried up and it has been warm all day.
It was a good opportunity to get on with writing up the RE comments which are all done now. I remember a number of summer half-term holidays totally taken up with writing end of year reports so I'm glad I only had a bit to do.
While working at the pc a buzzard flew down and landed on the back lawn about 10ft from the window. Luckily my camera was to hand and I got some decent photos.
After my school work was done I had a stroll around the garden and up to the fields. Both geese families were in the field. The adult feathers are coming through on the older goslings now making them look as if they are going through a teenage 'punk' phase.
I'm still trying to rest my hands but I did transplant some more plants into the propagating beds. And I got around to writing up some labels though after the 'permanent' marker washed off my hand fairly easily I'm wondering what will happen to the labels when it rains. I know what all the different plants are, it's mainly the different varieties of the hardy geraniums I need to keep track of. At one point I had 20 different varieties in the garden. So far I've got 10 varieties propagated so I'll need to keep my eyes open for the others. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Another bee having a feast. I must say, your Buzzard looks positively lovely compared to ones I've seen. Love the "Ladies Mantle" looks so pretty. I surmise that you have a very good camera because your photos are very clear. Hope your pleasant weather hold.

Ruta M. said...

My camera is a chunky Nikon Coolpix P90 which I chose because along with a range of settings you can manually set the speed and focus. Normally I just use the automatic settings but I like having the option.