Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 June 2016

Rayburn Day.

It's been a hot and hazy day. In town it was uncomfortably humid while out here in the hills there has been a breeze making it feel more comfortable. This evening I sat outside listening to the rumble of thunder over the sea. It didn't come near enough to warrant turning off  the internet hub.
This morning, and again after I came home from work I have been bringing more things down from the loft. There has to be a dolls' house in every loft and here is mine. Bought by my mother at least 57 years ago in an auction it is actually an architect's scale model of some cottages. I had many happy hours playing with it as a child and it's going to be one of my retirement projects. I also brought down 2 kitchen chairs. They are lovely especially after I polished them but I don't think they are robust enough to keep so I shall sell or give them away.
Peter has spent the whole day working on the rayburn. The engineer has also been here for most of the day adjusting/fixing the valves and controls. We wanted to have it properly serviced to reassure prospective house buyers. Peter has made a second attempt to light the rayburn, it's so temperamental but for now all the wicks are burning well. Once we're sure it's running properly there is just the small matter of assembling and fixing the cupboard that fits in beside the rayburn. 

4 comments:

Profile Hair Transplant Centre said...

Nice photography. Well thanks for the sharing.

Hair Transplant in Punjab

Harriet said...

What is the lovely flowering bush? So pretty!!! Doll house....my you made me remember the one my husband built for our daughter. It's in her basement as I write. She had two boys so perhaps in the future it will be a project for her free time. Lovely rose....my climbing rose "Blaze" is flowering and such a treat for me to see.

Ruta M. said...

The bush is an azalea, one of 4 I once bought at an auction. I can never decide which I like best; the vibrant orange, the delicate peach or the 2 fragrant yellow ones.

satyamhairtransplant said...

Such a lovely images. Simply love it. Thanks for the posting.

hair transplant in punjab