Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 June 2016

Sports Day.

Everything seemed a bit damp this morning but with the promise of a dry day plans went ahead for the Spots Day which is really a Sports afternoon. In the end we had a bright afternoon with a cooling breeze. All went fairly well, I didn't loose anybody and apart from one child who did his best to have a wailing tantrum lying on the grass everybody behaved. The tantrum was because he wanted to keep on at the long jump so that he could get 3 points for jumping over the furthest line. Luckily his mother was there and we simply took one hand each and walked him along with the rest of the children to the next activity. Eventually he joined in with the last activity and didn't try to run off which was my concern especially as I was keep an eye on my team of 14 children.
After work I walked into town with 7 small parcels to post. That done I meandered slowly back down the High Street occasionally dropping into a  shop for a quick browse. I nearly bought another flowy vest top but then realised it was a bit too see-through for work. A visit to the Co-Op was more fruitful, literally. I went in for some cottage cheese and came out with cottage cheese, celery, pears and doughnut peaches, all reduced.
At home I found that Peter had managed to get the rayburn running at a better temperature as yesterday the control had been accidentally knocked (by an exploding tin of peas, don't ask) and it had gone out. It still isn't quite right so he's going to have the people who serviced it come out again. The morning's viewing seemed to be on the positive side. Better still if the people do like it their house is already under offer. I had a bit of planning to do for tomorrow and now I can relax with my usual salad.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Hope all goes well and they make an offer on your house.
Okay I won't ask about the peas but I am wondering. : )

Ruta M. said...

Re the peas - Peter's hands are affected by his arthritis and as he pulled the top off the tin it slipped somehow and along with a fumbled grab for the tin it went in the air shooting peas everywhere and with the tin ending up down by the side of the rayburn. I wasn't there but I saw the evidence of green pea juice splashed over the electric kettle and up on the tiles.