Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 1 July 2016

Chilly.

I'm so glad it's Friday, this last week has worn me out and there's still next week to do. On top of the usual busy day of dealing with 27 children, 2 of our 3 teaching assistant were ill so mine had to go to the other class leaving me with a capable but young girl who is training to be a teaching assistant. So this week I haven't managed to hear all the children read. I did hear some children read in the classroom with all the hubbub of busy children around us but I'll have to try and hear an extra group on Monday. At lunchtime I had to run a School Council meeting which I kept brief and then of course there was an hour of the reception children's disco after school. Not to mention having to don latex gloves and deal with a 'code brown' right at the end of the afternoon.
I had hoped that yesterday's visit to the Co-Op would have left me free to come straight home after all that but I hadn't realised that we were down to the last tin of Squeaky's cat food. So over to Tesco's I went and at least because it was later on I didn't run into any traffic jams. I stocked up on a few other items besides the cat food and filled up the car with petrol at the same time. 
One minute it has been bright and sunny and the next the very cold winds have blown in grey clouds. I could see by the state of the roads that it has been raining up here in the hills though it was mostly dry in town. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful scenery. It's been a bit chilly here too for this time of year, but nice for working outside.