Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 July 2016

Not So Warm.

It has been a little cooler than yesterday with the morning mostly wet and the afternoon mostly dry. I just pottered around the house and garden in the morning doing a little tidying here and there before setting off for work. As I drove up the hill in the rain I spotted an odd grey shape in one of the ponies' fields which on a second look turned out to be a soggy heron. We do see them occasionally, they must be attracted to the lake. As there are generally a number of tiny trout in our stream I assume that there are bigger trout in the lake itself. 
I had a pleasant afternoon at school. Hindu stories of gods and demons with lots of fighting always go down well. I had taken the precaution of printing out some colouring sheets of Hindu gods and got the most fidgety children to sit at a table where they could still see and hear the story but also have something to keep them occupied.  
I came straight home from work and even though it wasn't bin week stopped at the top of the drive to take photos of the wheat. The evening was so nice I cut up more wood and did some weeding before settling down at my PC.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful photos. Quite a cool morning here too.