Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 July 2016

Sunny.

 Ringlet Butterfly.
Today has felt like we're back to summer once more. Not especially hot but lots of sun and a gentle breeze. I was up early to hang out one lot of sheets and get another machine load on the go. I also needed to breathe in some steam to help my sinuses which were worse than usual.
Out in the garden today I've been weeding up on the bank and cutting back the London Pride flower stalks whilst pulling out any weeds growing there. I didn't get the whole of the patch done but it got to a point where my back was telling me I needed to stop. Earlier, before breakfast I used the bow saw to cut up some of the wood under the washing line. Waiting for the chainsaw is like waiting for tomorrow, always soon but never arrives. To be fair it wasn't just cleaning the carburetor that needed doing but some over enthusiastic attempts to start it with the brake still on has caused a bit of damage. If I cut up a small amount each day it will soon be a much neater pile. 
With the sun came more flying creatures; flies which tried to bite me, ringlet butterflies skipping about, blue damsel flies and this odd looking plume moth. It took me a while to identify it but the strange shape is due to it rolling up its feathered wings.
The stag has twice made an appearance in the garden this afternoon. The first time I was sitting out in the sun to dry my hair when Speedy alerted me to his presence. He had hardly set foot in the garden before he got yelled at again. The second time he ran across the garden towards the lake. So long as he doesn't stop to eat my roses.
The cats have been having a very lazy time in the sunshine. Music has continued to float down the valley which doesn't bother me but I'm sure the households up there are not too happy.

No comments: