Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 July 2016

Sunny.

The sun has been shining all day but the wind remains cold. After I drove Peter in to collect his car I thought I might as well continue on to Tesco's for some shopping. As usual I was shopping with the hand held scanner but mine seemed a little temperamental.  I was checking out the reduced items and my eyes lit up at an individual creamy pudding (anything with cream and toffee/caramel has that effect on me) which I was going to get for my cheat day tomorrow. I've been dieting and losing a steady 1-2 lbs each week but decided to have tomorrow evening and Saturday off as Peter is off for his driving experience and then it's Green Man Day. However when the scanner refused to register the bar code on the third try I put the pudding back thinking I didn't really need it anyway. When I called in at BJ's for more weedkiller I did get a bag of popcorn but as it is salted not sweet it's not so much of a cheat.
Later in the afternoon the rayburn man came again as although the rayburn is burning and fine for my needs it couldn't be turned up. That's all been fixed and now Peter is happily roasting some potatoes to go with his supper, I've got a salad as usual. I did have several relaxed sessions sitting outside with my book and a cuppa but in between I cut all the lawn edges and trimmed the grass steps going up the bank. Then I decided to mow the grass by the yard and the small but tricky bits along the drive. That way there won't be so much to do tomorrow.
Last night I could hear contractors working out in the fields at midnight as the farmers cut, dry and bring in silage and hay before the next lot of rain. There are rumours that it might even get warmer again, that would make a nice change from our usual miserable summers.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Guess you just weren't meant to have that treat. : )