Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 July 2016

Warmer.

I drove to work this morning through light rain which cleared up quickly leaving us with an overcast but warm day. Returning home this evening it felt a lot cooler, not surprising up here in the hills.
At school I spent the morning with the reception class getting them to write sentences in a book about vegetables. They are doing this to tell Pirate Pete all about healthy eating. In the afternoon I had both the Year 1 classes. One class left me feeling worn out as there are a few children who quite lively to say the least and this sets some of the other children off. The other class was a welcome contrast and we were able to have a good discussion about the Bible and what it means to believe in a faith. 
It's bin day tomorrow so once I got home I collected our rubbish (only 1 bag this time) and recycling box and drove them up to the top of the drive. The wheat in the filed was fascinating to watch as the wind rippled across it. (I did make a short video but it has taken so long just to upload photos I can't imagine how long a video would take.) I also cut a few more branches up with the bow saw.
My other job this evening has been to help Peter draw up some designs for a promotional wall at work. What cheapskates, they should pay a graphic designer not expect employees to do it in their own time. Still it didn't take long though the corporate colours of an orange background wall and turquoise banner is pretty awful.


1 comment:

happyone said...

The wheat looks beautiful. I can just imagine it blowing in the wind.