Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sunny.

We've had sun all day though it felt quite chilly in the morning not warming up until later in the afternoon. We had an early start as Peter's car was due in at the garage at 8.00 and I had to follow to give him a lift home. We had hoped that Peter's car would be ready in the afternoon so that he could come with me when I went into school but we have to pick it up tomorrow. 
Today was my last teaching afternoon of the week and with only next week to go the summer holidays are very nearly here. This afternoon I took my class out on to the field with footballs and foam Frisbees. Their instructions were to play games together or if they felt hot/tired/ill they could sit in the shade by the fence. I let the children get on with it themselves as they never have a football to play with in the playground and it was good for their social skills. A couple of times I spoke to children who didn't appear to be doing much and one was the coach for her team and another was the ref for his team.
Once again the weather improved through the day so I was back out in the garden as soon as I got home. I never got around to spraying weed killer between the paving by the scree garden and weeds were once again shooting up. I pulled up all the seedlings that were above the slabs and a lot of the smaller ones too before using up the weedkiller I have by spraying the first section of paving. I'll get some more asap and finish the job as I don't fancy more crawling around on my hands and knees pulling out weeds from between the slabs.
The blackcurrants are almost ready to pick but not a single redcurrant is left, greedy birds! 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love cool sunny days. Having one here too. : )