Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 July 2016

Wet.

It's been raining all day long which put paid to my plan to finish the mowing. Instead I have been on a cleaning spree. First I hoovered the whole house and then after Peter left for his jaunt up country I blitzed our bedroom. Everything that could be washed or wiped has been including the collection of wooden toadstools from which hang all my earrings. 
The rain eased up a bit in the afternoon so I put on a raincoat and used up all 3 bottles of weedkiller on the joins between the paving slabs around the scree garden. Even if I hadn't run out of weedkiller it's quite hard on my back so I was glad to stop.  I managed to get half of the paving done today which is a good start. 
Back indoors I cleaned out the cutlery drawer which as it is under the main work area seems to accumulate a lot of crumbs not to mention the puddle of grease where Peter had put his basting brush back without cleaning it. I also threw out some of the cutlery that had wobbly handles and never get used. Then I gave the fridge a good clean too. 
Peter has just phoned to say he still has 20 minutes before he reaches his B&B for the night. The A303 was one long traffic jam and what should have been a 4 hour drive will have taken 6 hours. Needless to say he will be finding a different route home tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: