Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 July 2016

New Windscreen Wiper.

It's been pleasantly warm today. I dropped my car in to the garage before work as the exhaust was getting throaty again. I don't mind sounding like a boy racer but  I didn't like the thought that the exhaust might fall off suddenly. Alec had warned me last time that it was getting near to the point of no more repairs so I wasn't surprised when he had to replace the middle section. The bill wasn't too high and I remembered to ask him to fit a new windscreen wiper. I've had bits of rubber flapping away whenever I turned the wipers on but only on the passenger side so I kept putting off going to a car parts place, finding the correct size blade and clipping it in. Now I can turn the wipers on without worrying about the windscreen getting scratched.
We're still short handed in Reception so this morning I concentrated on finishing off their writing with just one group then hearing a few children read in the classroom. I had my regular reception class in the afternoon and after a short discussion on beach safety I took them outside for some parachute games. We had seen another class playing with the parachute yesterday and some of them had asked if they could have a go too. Parachute games are very good for settling over- boisterous children  as there is a lot of 'being picked by the teacher' which encourages sensible behaviour. They had a great time bouncing a beanbag high in the air as well as getting to run under the parachute (only 2 at a time) to swap places. I even threw in some maths at the end as we carefully folded up the parachute.
After school we had a staff meeting. One teacher reported back on a meeting she had been to and assessment criteria are being changed again. With the changes come more sets of initials; WT, T, E, & M are now replaced or joined by WTB, WKFS and some others which I can't remember. Luckily they are not my department and are all there solely so  that data can be produced and used to further certain political ends. We are about to get a new Prime Minister so no doubt things will change again.
The wind blowing through the wheat. (from Monday) Not sure if it will work.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Oh the wind blowing the wheat is pretty!!
We call it a windshield. : ) Funny how so many of our words are different like that.

Harriet said...

Yes, the video worked and that along with your photos ... so lovely. The astilbe in your photo makes me jealous. I have planted and babied plants only to have them croak. Yours are lovely. I know I would have a difficult time remembering the titles to all the initials you work with.

Jason Fury said...

Call today for same-day windshield repair & replacement service. And best of all, due to our windscreen replacement San Jose we can easily come to your home or business location.