Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 July 2016

Warm and Muggy.

A brief post today as it's late and I'm worn out. It made a lovely change not to have to get up at 6.30 as I've been doing all week. In the morning I caught up on the housework I hadn't done during the week including a basket of ironing.
Then it was time to don a straw hat and a summer dress and return to school to help out for an hour at the Summer Fayre. As I run the School Council I was back again on the Hook-a-Duck and Splat-the Rat games with some of the School Council children helping out. After my hour, which was quite enough I had a quick wander around, bought some cake to bring home and a strip of raffle tickets. Duty done I came home to mow all the grass. It's been a very warm day but humid and close so the flies were out in force. I started mowing with a long-sleeved shirt and pj trousers on and immediately had to come in to find my bee keeper's net to wear over my hat and then after I had been bitten on the hand a pair of gloves too. It was better to have sweat trickling down my face than be bitten by those horrible black flies. My last job before a welcome shower was to check and clear the dams on the road as it feels as though we might have some heavy rain soon.
(It may seem a little excessive to block out children's faces when it was an event open to the public but in this day and age it could be said that I was taking advantage of my position as a teacher at the school. Better safe than sorry.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

I mowed the lawn today too though there were no black flies around. : )
Probably a good idea not to put the childrens faces on your blog. You never know now a days.