Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 July 2016

Wet.

It has rained on and off all day long. I made it outside a couple of times to do some weeding but each time it began to rain heavily sending me back inside. When I'm weeding I can't help putting the self-sown seedlings aside to plant in the propagating beds. Today I rescued some stachys (lambs' ears) seedlings or possibly they are foxglove seedlings, it's hard to tell when they only have 2 leaves. It was a day for quite a lot of piano practice which Squeaky didn't approve of. She spends her time following me around hoping to sit on my lap or begging for milk. I try not to give in because that only reinforces the behaviour. Her strategy when she thinks I've been playing the piano for too long is to jump up on the keys and then sit on top of the piano yelling at me. That makes it very hard to concentrate.
Having ordered the glasses yesterday I was surprised and pleased to have them delivered before 1.00 today. Excellent service.

1 comment:

happyone said...

So nice that you got the glasses so fast. Very nice ones too.

Love the blue and white, is it delft?