Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 July 2016

Windy.

The day started with rain following a night of heavy rain so I'm glad I made the effort to mow the grass yesterday. The rain dried up and it has been very warm with a strong wind blowing from the south-west. It was such a good drying day that I took the opportunity to wash a couple of my dressing gowns. Dressing gowns are very useful in this often less than warm house and although I have 5 dressing gowns hanging on the bedroom door I would say that only one is surplus to requirements. First there is the long towelling one for after a shower, then come all the hooded fluffy ones; extra thick and long for wearing around the house on winter evenings, ditto but short for sitting in bed during the winter, lightweight and short for reading in bed in warmer times and another one exactly the same for the future. 
Gardening today included a bit of wood sawing then finishing off dead-heading and weeding the London Pride on the bank. Work had to come to a short halt when I misjudged the relative positions of finger and garden scissors with which I was tidying up the grass under the rubus and I cut across the pad of said finger. I always wondered how children at school manage to snip their fingers, now I know. It wasn't a bad cut but in a painful place and because of my medication I do tend to bleed. Peter found me in the kitchen preparing to put a plaster on (he takes injuries and illness far too seriously). He insisted on looking at the cut, agreed it wasn't too bad but suggested I sit for a while with my hand in the air. I used some medical superglue to seal the small cut and with a clean plaster went back to finishing off my gardening. Then I did have some time sitting outside reading a book with a cat on my lap. 
 The first water lily.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Ouch. Sounds painful.
Another word that is different for us. Your plasters we call a band-aid which is actually a brand name of Johnson and Johnson for adhesive bandage.