Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 July 2016

Sunny.

A much nicer day today, blue skies, warmth and a welcome breeze. However some of the clouds looked very dark and I kept listening out for any thundery rumbles but they seem to have passed us by. 
On my jobs list was 'clear scree garden path' which has mostly been done with some of the weeds on either side also being  removed. I did get diverted into clearing away some of the ornamental grasses. I'm very fond of grasses and love the exuberant display of their flowering heads moving in the breeze but looking at the scree garden with an impartial eye I had to admit that it was possibly looking a bit overgrown. I've made a good start and the garden is looking a lot more open. The poor irises were completely hidden and it was hard to see the design features of the garden. As ever there is still more to do.
One other job I did today was to fix my lawn mower. It had developed the most awful screech to the point where it was painful to the ears. I had tried unsuccessfully before to remove the blade so I found the manual on-line which showed me how to do it. (I probably have the manual in the filing cabinet but it is easy to go on-line). I also used the whetstone to sharpen the blade while it was off, oiled everything and put it together again. On a quick test it worked perfectly and the noise was gone. Gold star for me.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Good for you for fixing the lawnmower. I am impressed how you just get right in there and do things.