Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 July 2016

Mixed Weather.

The day has been a mixture of sunshine, greyness and the occasional shower. This morning I had an appointment at the doctor's to have a steroid injection into my hand to ease up the tendon that has been giving me trigger finger. I didn't have one last week because my doctor who is new and young, isn't qualified to give those injections. It was a little embarrassing this morning as the doctor I was seeing today used to be our regular GP but we switched to another doctor because 1- she was usually unavailable during school holidays and 2- because although she was pleasant and sympathetic nothing seemed to get done. However this morning went well and the injection which I had been expecting to hurt a bit only stung for a moment after the needle was taken out. Afterwards I went into town, visited the library etc and went to Tesco's and Lidl's. Now I can go back to being a country mouse in the peaceful countryside.
I felt quite worn out when I got home so after unpacking the shopping I settled down outside with some tea and a book only to be rained on. After a break I went outside and did some work in the scree garden before returning indoors. I've been spending a bit more time playing the piano, the doctor said it was fine to play straight away but to avoid manual work for a few days. Also it's been taking so long to put photos on the blog that I go off and do a bit of piano practice in between. I'm still at the plodding along stage as I learn In un'altra vita but the muscle memory is beginning. I think sight reading must be very good for the mind as you have to be so focused and use different parts of the brain. A lot of research into keeping your marbles, so to speak says you need to give your brain new challenges not just doing the same old Sudoku or crosswords. 
When I came out of Lidl's a Border collie-cross was tied up outside barking and howling for its owner. When it saw me it gave a plaintive half-howl as if to say You're not my owner are you? It sounded so sad.

No comments: