Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Sunny Afternoon.

In the morning it was quite overcast and grey but later on things brightened up. As well as my usual weeding and branch sawing I did a bit of painting indoors. I'm just trying to keep the place looking nice and fresh. No doubt when the school holidays start in a couple of weeks there'll be more people coming to view the place again. And it does mean that whatever happens we get to spend the summer here.
Peter went to the doctor's and had a steroid injection in his knee which also contained an anaesthetic so he had some immediate pain relief and hopefully the steroids will work. If not then he'll probably have to have an scan to see what is going on. He's off work for at least a week, more if things don't improve. 
Coming home from work in the sunshine the clouds were beginning to build up. 
It had been too hazy to catch a glimpse of the sea earlier on so I stopped to take in the sun glinting on the sea in the distance. 
I stopped again a bit further on where Baa Baa Black Sheep was framed by the gate. 
The late afternoons have been the best part of the day recently and I enjoyed the feel of the sun on my back as I tidied up the London Pride and saxifrage on the wall by the scree garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope Peter's knee is feeling better.
Beautiful pictures.