Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Slow Internet.

Just a brief posting as I came home to find the internet off-line (apparently there is a fault on the line which they are trying to fix) and even once Peter had got the internet back the upload speed was dire. It took about an hour to get these 4 photos up. The day started with a chilly morning but became a lovely summer's day. 
After school I'd gone into town so was held up again by Mr Lewis' cows on the way home. The cow in the middle of the group spent a long time giving her chin a good scratch on the top of the concrete wall. 
A pretty Guernsey face but the cow in front shows what I meant about these cows not having an ounce of extra flesh. It was the same for nearly all the cows as they walked past me.
It was such a lovely evening that I did a little weeding and sawing before sitting out in the sun to let my washed hair dry naturally.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Oh my goodness those cows are really skinny!!!

Harriet said...

I agree the pretty Guernsey face; however, I suspect there is a reason their bones are so prominent. I have no idea...I guess 'google' is the answer. Thanks for your patience, your photos are wonderful.

Ruta M. said...

I think they are bred and kept that way so that all their food intake goes to producing milk as they are not beef cattle.