Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 17 July 2016

Warm.

It's been a very warm day, overcast for a lot of the time but now that it's nearly 7 o'clock there is not a cloud to be seen. This afternoon I pulled out the dead remains of 2 buddlias from the scree garden. I had obviously pruned them back a bit too hard and they hadn't regrown. It's a shame as they were both my favourite royal purple but there is one buddlia that I propagated which hopefully can be moved and if that one doesn't take I can take more cuttings from other buddlias around the garden.
The Rambling Rector rose is flowering well in the trees at the side of the garden and has a good scent too. I also did some weeding but the flies were beginning to be a nuisance so I gave up and read a book by the conservatory where the flies were less bothersome.
Warning - X rated photo of 2 Ringlet butterflies doing what comes naturally. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Barn owl---thank you. It sure looked very comfortable.