Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 July 2016

The Week-end at Last.

We had a welcome lie-in this  morning, something we needed after a hard week for both of us. Once I was up and about it was time to cut the grass again. I planned to just mow the 2 bigger lawns and do the rest tomorrow to spread the load but after a very late brunch of porridge topped with a pear and fresh raspberries I had enough energy to get on and do the rest. Who knows what tomorrow's weather might be and it would be a shame to waste a dry day. We were promised sunshine and sudden showers but so far it has stayed dry.
It was very pleasant during the sunny spells with all the birds singing away. The resident blackbird has one song that sounds like a popular ring tone and he also sings the first 8 notes of  "half a pound of tuppenny  rice". Yesterday evening the garden rang to the not so dulcet tones of me yelling "clear off out of my garden" at the stag whom I had spotted once more in the garden. Boy, could that stag bounce. The evening peace has also been disturbed by the sounds of partying. Yesterday evening I thought that they must be having an event at the stables next door but this afternoon I could hear music wafting down from the top of the valley and it's getting louder now. I can make a good guess at who is responsible and pity the 2 farmers that live up there. Generally it is very peaceful down here so I can't really complain.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Everything looks so green and pretty.

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, Ruta.