Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 July 2016

Wet.

It began to rain yesterday evening and continued on all through today. No chance to do any outdoor work but I had other things to do indoors. The mending I didn't get around to but my newly washed full-length winter dressing gown has been brushed back into fluffiness.  That's the only drawback with fluffy fleeces, the amount of time it takes to brush them after washing. Still it beats going out and buying a new dressing gown.
The orchids didn't do too well on the conservatory window sills as some of the leaves were scorched by the direct sunlight but they seem happier now that I've moved most of them down  onto a low table. One of them has begun flowering once more while the pink spotted one is still going strong.
Meanwhile the rain appears to have stopped and instead the wind is getting stronger. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Beautiful flowers!!

Harriet said...

Oh my your orchids are beautiful. Thank you for answering--butterfly not a moth. A lovely butterfly indeed. Enjoy your peace and solitude as a country mouse as long as you can.