Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 July 2016

Humid.

Peter is now officially retired, for the second time. He didn't even have to go to work today as his knee was playing up so he spoke to somebody in HR who said that he shouldn't come in to work. That's a new phase starting for him now though he has lots to do for the union as well as all his various interests which should keep him busy. 
This morning I went into town to have coffee with a friend at Lindsay's where we indulged in the delicious cheese cakes. It's always good to meet up with friends. 
I've just been distracted by the sight of a large bird landing in the field. I ran upstairs but couldn't see it until it flew up into a tree on our bank. It was a very large heron.

In town I had a gentle amble around the shops but the only things I bought were these 2 small bowls, 4" across, from a charity stall in the Pannier Market. 
Back home it kept threatening to rain but didn't in the end which gave me the opportunity to paint the garden table and chairs with a first coat of teak oil. I'll keep on oiling the furniture until I run out of teak oil.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a great idea having cheesecake with a friend. : )
Love the two blue bowls you bought!
Congrats to Peter. May enjoy his retirement.