Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Warm.

I've been so busy today that I haven't had much time to notice the weather but I can say it has felt warm whenever I walked across the playground. We are normally outside for 10-15 mins for the afternoon playtime but today there was no stopping for us in Reception with 2 groups of visiting small children.  Still at least the day flew by. 
After school I went over the bridge to Lidl's and BJ's. I've been looking all over town for a not too expensive photo frame without any success but at BJ's they had a wide range of styles and sizes. Not only that but they also had a good selection of pre-cut mounts in different colours. My plan is frame the wedding photo that Romas had sent for Father's Day as one of Peter's birthday presents. I chose a wide wooden frame with dark red mount to match Sally's red bouquet. 
At home I started organising the things I need for tomorrow's trip to the beach. As the weather forecast is not looking too good I fished out our old beach shelter tent. It hasn't been used for many years so I took it out of the bag  to check it. Apart from being a little musty and a touch of rust on the ends of the poles it looks okay. I have washed the bag it comes in as that was decidedly grubby. The children have been told to bring their raincoats along with buckets and spades as a little bit of rain isn't going to put us off. I have also taken the precaution of buying a roll of extra strong bin bags to put the children's stuff in should it rain heavily. I do hope we don't actually get rained off.

No comments: