Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 May 2016

BRMM BRMM !

Cold and wet this morning, drier and a bit warmer in the afternoon. I had another very late night and ended up ironing sheets at 1.00 in the morning waiting until I could take more pills and get off to sleep. Usually I just go on my pc but I thought I might as well do something constructive. 
At school I was able to take my children out onto the playground for their PE lesson though the ground was too wet for us to go on the field. I left school quite quickly as I was going to collect something for Peter. But as soon as I turned on the ignition my car roared like a boy racer or a tractor. It was deafening and not a little embarrassing as I drove past the homeward bound parents to the garage which is just around the corner. But Alec the boss was out and all the mechanics were busy. I was told to come back in half an hour so I thought I might as well go and pick up the chainsaw part for Peter. Unfortunately that meant sitting in traffic while the lights changed 3 times. I put on my sunglasses and wished I could slide down out of sight. On my return to the garage Alec took a look and saw that the exhaust pipe was broken so he told one of his chaps to put the car up on the ramp and weld the pipe. That done the other side was found to be loose so that got welded as well. I only got charged for half an hour's labour and I'm so grateful to have it fixed so quickly.
The internet continues to run slowly. Yesterday, after I had shut down my pc Peter did a couple of speed tests. The first one came out as 0.45 Mb and the next at 1.4 Mb which is about usual for us. It's raining now which always slows our broadband down and I've had to close down all my tabs just to get 2 photos up.

No comments: