Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 May 2016

House Hunting.

Going to look at houses is fun. Today's house ticked all the boxes but had a big minus, the condition of the interior. The house had been empty for a while and there were a lot of signs of damp. Plus the whole place needed redecorating. On the other hand there was plenty of space and it had wonderful views across the countryside. We haven't crossed it off our list but it would need careful consideration.
After the viewing I had time to go across town and do some shopping but only non-perishable items as at times the day was very hot. It was cold in the shade and almost looked like rain but my shopping was going to be in the car for 5 hours. Plenty of time for milk to turn sour.
For RE I had asked the children to bring in photos of places of worship that they have been to which a few of them did. One little girl who does go to church with her family surprised me by talking very eloquently about how fortunate we (in this country) are in having food, clothes and shelter compared to people in other countries.
After work I walked into town to change my library books and buy some fresh veg for tonight's salad. I stopped on the way home to take photos of the bluebells and other flowers growing beside the road but as our internet is taking 12 minutes to upload one photo I stopped after 3. I've been instructed to turn off my pc and Peter will do a speed test.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

The house definitely has a beautiful view of the countryside. I can see why you would have to take the interior of the house under consideration. Remodeling is a big job and it takes several weeks or even months complete. I think redecorating the new house could be fun, and it will allow you to make the place feel like your own.