Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 May 2016

Unexpected Visitor.

It's been one of those days when the weather couldn't make up its mind. One minute blue skies and plenty of warmth then clouds would build up and a chilly breeze would make it feel quite cool. 
I thought I'd finished with the bow saw and axe but before I could finally level the ground where the hedge had been I needed to make a few more adjustments to the tree stumps. That done I cleared all the wood and stones, dug out some docks and dandelions from the top of the bank and raked the ground to form an even slope. Then I mowed the grassy bank apart from the end where the primroses are and finally sprinkled grass seed on the bare areas. 
Then I took advantage of the lovely weather and sat out by the conservatory with book, tea and cats. Later I did some mending of a sheet sitting at the garden table. Speedy couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him sit on my lap at the same time. It would have made sewing rather difficult. 
Literally a few minutes ago I looked up from my pc to see this young stag on the back lawn. I took plenty of photos and he even stood and looked at me while I (in my mad old lady way) talked to him through the window. Then as I don't want deer in the garden eating all my plants I walked around from the front door and gently encouraged him to leave.

No comments: