Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 April 2016

Lots of Food.

I had hoped to be posting a photo of all the hedge trees neatly cut down with the chainsaw. But....... somebody (who shall remain nameless) assured me the chainsaw was all ready for Vytas to use only for us to find it wasn't. First there was the trip into town to get the right sized filter and now it still won't run. Vytas and Rob are valiantly tackling the branches with the bow saws and I guess I'll be the one taking those trees down by hand. While the first round of -Let's see if we can get the chainsaw working - was going on Sally, Elita and myself had a companionable time picking leaves off the stones in the scree garden. Then, as the forecast for the rest of the weekend is not too good the youngsters went off for a walk at Valley of the Rocks returning home via a farm where they stopped to buy some local cider and look at the new lambs. While they were out I made some ganache and decorated a chocolate cake using some sugar roses left over from decorating the wedding cake. I used up the remaining ganache on top of the last of the chocolate cookies. Then followed more kitchen cleaning and preparing the meat for tonight's stir-fry.
Here is lucky Patch enjoying some smoked salmon. We are fairly relaxed about eat-by dates but when you see stuff growing on the smoked salmon it's time to pass it on to the cats. 
We all carried down the big garden table this morning so I gave that a wash and finished my chores by washing the green off the big mirror by the scree garden. Afterwards I gave it a spray with some anti- mould stuff which might be beneficial. Then there was time for a bit of reading outside though it wasn't terribly warm. 
Off now to enjoy the stir-fry which Peter is cooking possibly followed by a tiny slice of the chocolate cake.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Yummy that cakes looks good!!
Ken cut some trees down today, but he did have a working chain saw. : )