Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 April 2016

Cracked.

It hasn't really been sunny today but the grey skies did have quite a bit of variation in them.  
First thing this morning I filled up my car with a load for the dump, started driving and saw a big crack  about 6" long in the windscreen. It wasn't there last night so I don't know how it happened but I have hit a few potholes in the past week. I carried on to the dump being very careful not to hit any more potholes. When I spoke to the windscreen replacement man he assured me that there is no possibility of the windscreen falling to pieces which is a good thing as they can't come and replace it until next Thursday. It's covered by my car insurance but I will have to pay an excess of £90 which isn't fun.
It felt like it might rain at any time so I got on and did the mowing. Afterwards I raked over the patch of soil where they had dug up the manhole for the telephone cables, picked off all the stones and sprinkled grass seed as it was looking rather bare. I had a bit of a rest then as I've got a cold brewing, sore throat, muzzy head that sort of thing and then I got on with my indoor jobs. The back room needed a sort out and I was able to throw out a small cupboard that had been sitting on top of the central heating boiler. Then I went up to check out the bathroom thinking that I just needed to stick down a few wallpaper edges. That did need doing but there was also a crack to be filled and I ended up painting all the walls above the tiling and most of the ceiling. I know that estate agents are not so influenced by the superficial look of a place but I might as well do the painting now rather than later. 

No comments: