Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Sunshine and Thunder.

We had a lot of sunshine for most of the day. In the morning I painted the skirting board in our bedroom and did a bit of painting in the kitchen with the stain stop paint. Then there was just time to continue with clearing the outbuildings. I've already got rid of most of the stuff that needed taking to the dump, put aside the plant pots I want to keep (I'm sure they multiply when no one is looking) and all the remaining items are on one table which is now slowly being cleared. 
There are lots of signs of Spring around. My acers are beginning to unfurl their leaves and on the way to work I'm seeing blackthorn covered in white blossoms, bluebells out at Burridge and leaves on the horse chestnuts along the main road.
At school I worked with the reception children and because they were doing a lot of sitting on the carpet I slotted in a PE time outside where I attempted to teach them a simple game of passing bean bags along a line of children. Some of them didn't quite get the idea of passing the bean bag along and were standing there with it on their heads or putting it down the back of their friends' t-shirts. I had intended to take them out on our field which had been mown during the holidays but straight away I discovered some largish pieces of very sharp glass that had been shattered by the mower. Instead we had to return to the playground and play our game there. I let the school administrator and the other teachers know about the glass and hopefully it will soon be cleared and the children can run about on the field again.
On the way home dark clouds loomed overhead and as I was taking these photos thunder rumbled every now and again. I didn't see any lightning  so I wasn't worried about being out in the open.
A bit further on I spotted these 2 lambs peering through a gate. They weren't twins (different numbers on their sides) but their mothers were grazing nearby. 
With little wind the thunder clouds hung around for over half an hour and at home the power went off briefly twice and we had a little rain.

2 comments:

happyone said...

The lambs are so cute.
Supposed to be sunny tomorrow. Maybe spring will finally stay this time. : )

Harriet said...

The sun is shining here in Michigan and a walk around the yard shows Spring is springing here as well. My brother-in-law, former dairy farmer, had sheep. I well remember how cute the babies were. Baa, bass-mother comes running and using her head would butt people away from her babies. Nice memory.