Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 April 2016

Cold Morning.

The day is ending up sunny after a cold grey morning. We had planned to go for a walk in the morning but neither of us felt up for it and the miserable morning didn't help. Instead I made a list of all the little things that need doing around the house before we start getting valuations. Including the outside jobs I hope the boys will do there were 40  things to be done. Today I've done 6 and got half-way through another 3. I do like to have a list/ plan as I can see how close I am to completion and it also motivates me to do the next fiddly job which I used to just put off.
My first job this morning was to use builders' caulk to fill in all the tiny gaps around the boxing. I also kept noting tiny or not so tiny cracks in the ceilings and walls and filled those too. It's not so surprising that cracks appear in a very old stone house built on clay soil. They are all superficial cracks as the house has stood solidly since it was built. We're not sure when the original farmhouse was built but probably between 100 and 200 years ago. 
While the caulk was drying I did other small jobs including replacing a piece of laminated chipboard in our bathroom that had got out of shape due to a leak many years ago. I then went outside to start clearing out the old part of the woodshed, shovelling the accumulated rotten wood etc into strong bags ready to take down to the dump. The only gardening I've done today was removing a small patch of nettles and their roots that had been under the old hedge. Then back inside I went to paint the wooden boxing in the hall. It still needs 1 or possibly 2 more coats tomorrow before I tick that off my list. 
I stretched my legs with a short walk up to see the ponies in their field.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love that first picture. Makes me want to walk down there.
Good idea making a list to get things done. I like to do that too.