Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Sunny.

Lots of sunshine today but still with the bitterly cold wind. In the morning I filled the dips in the walls around the new sitting room lights. For one set of lights some of the channelling for the wires had never been filled in and the connectors were in the wire above the light rather than behind the light fitting. I filled in part of the hole and fixed a piece of  plastic wiring conduit over the connectors. It's already dried so in a minute I'll mix up some more filler and complete the job.
We finished off the bees this afternoon. Then we had our usual staff meeting. This time it was teaching and assessing science. Before the meeting finished we had some dates for our diaries (mine's been lost for the past 10 days) and people were being given times for lesson observations. I kept my head down because I'm not a class teacher but because I'm on a contract I am observed as well. I thought I should be proactive so instead of subjecting myself to the stress of suddenly being given a date and subject I suggested that as everyone else is having a literacy lesson observed perhaps I should be observed teaching phonics and our Headteacher said she would do a 'drop in' some time. 
After work I popped to the Co-Op for some shopping before heading for home. Driving home through the sunny countryside I noticed that the swathes of soft yellow primroses are being over shadowed by white flowers coming into bloom, wild garlic, stitchwort and even some cow parsley.
More signs of spring at home, the geese have 6 goslings. Last year there were 2 goose families so maybe there'll be some more goslings around soon.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice getting caught up reading your posts for the last week. : ) I'm done with my break and back to blogging.
So you will be down sizing and moving. A big step. I think it is exciting to be moving to a new place.
You've done so much work at your home now though and I'm sure you will miss such a lovely place to live.
I love your home.