Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 April 2016

Sunny.

We've had a day of deceptive blue skies dotted with fluffy clouds. Deceptive because the wind has been bitterly cold. The forecast is for frost here and snow up north, so although we had rain last night I think it is too early to propagate some of my perennials.
The world is slowly turning green. Some trees are fully green and the beech leaves are just beginning to appear.  
This morning I climbed up to the loft to get down the packaging for some of the lights and at the same time I brought down all the bags of Christmas decorations. Put together there were rather a lot. I decided that I would limit myself to one box of decorations and give the rest away. It turned out that one box was just the right size for the decorations I wanted to keep. There is still a lot of stuff up in the loft but some time ago I numbered the boxes and catalogued the contents in a notebook. Reading the list there seems to be a lot of antique china and glass. Oh well eBay here we come.
Following an afternoon of teaching I went across to B&Q and bought the fuse and a couple of other things we need to finish the electric on the conservatory. 
PS Borage not comfrey yesterday.

No comments: