Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Hedge Destruction.

It's been a lovely day and great as the temptation was to spend the whole day outside, after all who knows when the weather will change, I did do some indoor jobs as well. First was to take a few more room photos including Peter's study. That required some moving of items out of shot to make the rooms look more presentable.
Then I mixed up some cement to fill in a few holes in the conservatory floor. I thought that with the spare cement I would also repair the floor of the outbuilding where the range is. Funny how cement never seems to stretch as far as you imagine. I ended up mixing not one but three extra buckets of cement to complete the job. (The buckets were only half full.) 
Then at last I could return to my hedge destruction. Most of the third tree is down and about half of the last tree. This resulted in a very large pile of neatly cut branches. 
However I thought I would have a small bonfire starting with the dry leaves and branches that were on the ground under the hedge. This burnt nicely with the wind blowing the flames away from the apple trees so I added some green branches and a few more and a few more until the whole pile had been reduced to ashes. At least I will now have some space to stack the last branches. 

No comments: