Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 April 2016

Windy.

I woke up early this morning in time to see a dramatic red sunrise, within minutes it had changed to fiery gold and then subsided to a warm yellow. Even though according to the rhyme we were due for rain it was a joy to behold. I don't know if it was the sunrise but this morning was my first good morning for a long time. I'm a natural morning person but it's hard to be cheery when you wake up with more aches than when you went to bed.  I quietly made myself a cup of tea and then read in bed for an hour before Peter woke up. In the end we didn't have any showers until late in the afternoon.
It was windy and bright so we thought we would make up for not going for a walk yesterday and set off early for some sea air. The tide was in so I had some fun skimming stones. The beach cafe is back and the owner says he'll probably start doing his Sri Lankan curry  nights in a few weeks. It depends on the weather but he has a Facebook page where we can check.
Even if the tide hadn't been in we couldn't have walked too far as Peter's other knee is now playing up. Instead we sat on a bench on top of the cliff and watched the waves as we drank our coffee. 
There were surfers out in the water but the waves were breaking early and most of the surfers were just bobbing about like seals in the water. 

When we got home I put a last coat of paint on the boxing. As well as the section that can be seen in the above photo it runs along the wall on the left and around 2 more corners. I think the hardest thing about the painting was covering the carpet with cloths and newspaper and moving the ladder to be able to reach so high. It's not easy trying to climb a ladder backwards with a paint tray, roller and brush in one hand. It's all done now and that's another job ticked off the list. I was going to paint the skirting board in our bedroom but after I had moved my desk and taped the carpet I discovered I have run out of white gloss paint. Instead I went outside and created a wire mesh cover for the recycling box so that all the plastic bottles and containers don't blow away down the road. The difficulty was to make it easy for the recycling men to get into. In the end I tied the netting to the box on one side and lashed a metal bar to the other side of the netting which should be heavy enough to not blow open in the wind.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Amazing how fast the sky changes!!
Glad you had a good morning.
I really should get back to my cabinet painting!!