Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 April 2016

Sunny.

It's been a bright and sunny day, perfect for showing the place at its best. The estate agent who came round today is from an office that deals more in this type of property and his valuation was more than 25% higher than yesterday's valuation. They also have a London office which is good because the unfortunate fact is that these properties are often bought by people from outside of the area. North Devon may be beautiful but wages are low. 
First thing this morning we changed 3 more of the sitting room lights. I think I could change a wall light on my own now. We were lucky in that the screw holes in the wall were the same distance apart for the old and new lights. That said I did have to carefully carve away the plaster around the lights because when Fred plastered over the horrible textured walls he took the new plaster right up to the lights. The new lights are smaller so I'll need to tidy up around them. All that is left to do is to take down the spotlight over my PC, put up the last of the new lights then put the spotlight up in the conservatory. After that I think my DIY of the last 2 years is finished. Next to be sorted is the contents of the loft, no small task that.
As this may be regretfully / hopefully our last summer here I thought I ought to enjoy the garden as well as work in it so I spent the first half of the afternoon reading out in the sun. Then I moved on to some gardening, carrying on with weeding the grass bed by the scree garden. I replanted some of the grasses and the purple ajuga in other parts of the garden.

No comments: