Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 April 2016

Grey.

The weather has been overcast and a little gloomy. In town there is blossom everywhere to cheer things up and here it is the bird song that lifts the spirits. First thing this morning I loaded up my car with most of the junk from the wood shed and drove it down to the dump at Ilfracombe. 
Then, and this is quite exciting at least for little old me, I rang 3 estate agents and arranged for them to come this weekend to value the property. I know that for the last 2 years all my DIY projects have been with the aim of making the place more saleable but this is the first step in the actual selling process. With such high stakes all the estate agents were very pleasant and helpful to talk to. As well as details of the place I had to give detailed instructions on how to get here starting with "Don't use a SatNav or you will end up in a lane a mile away."
Then it was time for school. This week there was a visiting story teller working with one of my usual Year 1 classes so I had the other class for the whole afternoon. Rather than get out of synch with the RE the children finished off work from the morning with some follow up work from last week's RE for the few who had done everything.
After work I walked into town to collect my next 2 Game of Thrones books from the library. I had a birthday card to buy and as the card shop had some lovely cards on sale I stocked up with cards for future birthdays.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Are you planning on moving in the near future? I think I remember you talking about moving to Australia or was it New Zealand a while back.

Ruta M. said...

I got too old to move to NZ (the cut off age is 55) but with my back ops it was for the best. Much as we love this place it is far too big for us so we are downsizing and eventually hope to end up on the coast. First step will be to move into town while we search for the perfect place probably in Wales.