Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 April 2016

Painting Day.

It's been mainly cloudy with some sunny spells today. While it was still windy it was nothing like yesterday's winds. In the afternoon I had a final burn up of the hedge cuttings and 2 old tea chests. To be on the safe side I created a sort of fence out of bigger branches pushed into the soil which I hoped would prevent any escape of burning branches and then towards the end I pushed them onto the fire. I did end up with quite a big bonfire but every time flames appeared I threw more green leafy branches on top. Lots of smoke but no flying embers. While I kept an eye on the fire as it burned down I used the bow saw to cut off a couple of branches from the tree trunks. It's a bit silly to do that when Vytas will be down at the end of the month but I do like getting things done.
My morning had been spent working indoors. I painted the new wooden boxing and while I was there with a paint roller in hand I also painted the ceiling. Then I wandered around painting bits of the kitchen that needed doing. As I had to paint the wall by the kitchen sink I took the opportunity to take down all my blue glass and give it a wash. In between all this washing and painting I made chocolate cup cakes for Peter to take to work tomorrow and some individual lemon drizzle cakes. Later I painted a second coat on the boxing. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Daffodils -- a lovely, cheery Spring welcome. You have done yourself proud, Ruta, lots of jobs done and done well.