Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Bright Morning.

We had a lovely sunny morning. The birds were singing, bees buzzing and I saw a single butterfly visiting a dandelion. My day began with painting a second coat of paint on all the areas I painted yesterday. While I was painting the skirting board in our bedroom I noticed some scuff marks on the wall under the window and as I still had the right colour I painted that bit of wall too. Naturally I didn't stop there but ended up painting the whole wall. I had to do it carefully as I hadn't put down any dust sheets but luckily the paint was more solid than liquid and I didn't get any splashes even though I was using a small paint roller.
I cleared some more 'stuff' from the outbuilding and washed some nice ceramic pots in a bucket outside. Then the remains of the soapy water in the bucket got used to wash off the worst of the mud from my car. I don't worry much about washing my car often as the roads are so muddy but as well as mud there was some green stuff growing on the trim so it was time for a spring clean. After all that work there was still time for half an hour of sitting and reading in the sun. 
At school I worked with the reception children and we had time for another PE session outside before the rain began. I thought I'd take them a step back with the bean bag game and stood them all in a circle passing bean bags around. It went a bit better especially as I told them to pretend the bean bags were too hot to hold which they thought was funny. Afterwards I let them use up some energy running around and catching bean bags. 
We had a staff meeting today all about maths assessment and planning so I was able to sit back and listen nodding sagely every now and again. It was a long meeting and I didn't get home until nearly 6.00 which feels late for me these days. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely photo looking our your door. On lovely days that would be a view to treasure.