Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 April 2016

Wet.

I've spent the day getting the place spick and span for the estate agent's visit so it hasn't really mattered that it has been raining for most of the day. Whenever I know somebody is coming to the house I have this urge to clean every corner of all the bathrooms and that is what I spent my morning doing. In the afternoon I hoovered everywhere and did yet more tidying up. I've never seen the place look so good. I did have one surprise in the morning, I went into the conservatory to roll out the new big mat and there in one of the cats' beds was a large rat. Dead of course so on went the rubber gloves and the rat was thrown out. That wouldn't have made a very good impression.
(Later on.) The estate agent has been and suggested a price towards the higher end of the range we had in mind. So far so good. The more upmarket estate agent is coming tomorrow. They have offices in London too so they may be more suitable for us. For tonight I've rolled up the rug in the conservatory and put back the bits of carpet the cats sleep on in the kitchen. And so the journey begins.

No comments: