Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 April 2016

Grey Start, Warm Afternoon.

The day started cold and wet. A miserable morning especially as the damp makes Peter's arthritis so much worse and my ever grumbling sinuses had left me with a nasty headache. Fortunately, while I made a comforting cheese, cabbage, potato and onion casserole for tonight the rain stopped, the day warmed up and life seemed a lot better.
Outside, my first job was to paint the old range in the outbuildings with black metal paint. Some parts might need a second coat tomorrow and then I will be faced with the task of putting all the bits back in the right places.  
Squeaky likes to come outside when the sun is shining though ideally she would like me to provide her with a lap to sit on. She kept searching me out and miaouing but today I was busy working. She's happily sitting on my lap right now.
Then I was free to carry on with the hedge destruction. I didn't start on the next tree much as that was tempting but instead I dealt with all the branches I had taken off yesterday. Because space is limited I can only have small bonfires and it is a lot easier to control a fire if the branches are quite short. I started by cutting the branches with my secateurs and loppers but soon found that it is possible to snap the majority of the branches by hand. I got through most of the branches and now there is a neat pile drying on one of the vegetable beds.

No comments: