Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 April 2016

Busy Day.

It's been an interesting day so far, some ups and some downs. This morning we had arranged to view 2 properties in Pilton. We left early so that we go across town to collect out monthly haul of medications (one bag for each of us), and drove to the first property. We arrived a few minutes early so I turned the car around and we waited and waited. After 15 minutes I phoned the office and was told they were very sorry, there had been a delay but the agent was on his way. 15 minutes later there was still no sign of anyone and as both properties were possibles rather than a probables I phoned the office again and said we were off.  Who knows, we might have fallen in love with them. When we got back home I had an apologetic call from the agent who said there had been a mix up and he had gone to the other property first. Very plausible until you take into account the fact that you could walk from one to the other in 5 mins and when I drove past later on it took me 15 seconds to go from the end of one road to the start of the other. This will get back to the vendors because I work with their next door neighbour. Peter had to be home by 12.00 so I had to go all the way back home, spend a little time writing a shopping list and then go back into town for my shopping.
Later in the afternoon we had 2 nice ladies from a different estate agents come to look at the place and make a valuation. Their estate agents is one of the 2  in this area that deal with our type of property and it is going to be hard to decide which to go with. Either way this house will be on the market within the next 2 or 3 weeks.
The reason I had to go shopping is that some time tonight (due now but who knows what the traffic is like) Vytas and Sally and then a bit later on 2 of their friends, are coming down for the weekend. I've made a big pot of chicken soup as I don't know how hungry they will be and I also baked a chocolate cake for tomorrow.
Arlington Court.
We've had more cloud than sun today but it is supposed to be getting a bit warmer.

No comments: