Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 April 2016

Mowing Starts.

The weather has been similar to yesterday, bright and sunny in the morning and clouding over by lunchtime. After some painting in the kitchen I loaded up my car with the last wicker chair and other stuff and took it all to the dump at Ilfracombe. There were plenty of lambs in the fields though thankfully none on the roads. Once I got back from my trip out I went up to the veg plot and cleared away all the ash from my bonfires before raking the soil back to tidiness. All the plants I put in around the sides of the plot are doing well and I did a little weeding around them. 
In the afternoon I made some giant chocolate chunk cookies for Peter to take to work tomorrow and while each batch was baking I did some work for school. 
It had looked as if it might rain but then there was a very warm wind which had me moving my washing from the kitchen up onto the washing line. Then I gave the grass its first cut of the season. I even went over the wild flower area by the little pond as there were a lot of rushes coming up and taking over. The trouble with mowing, apart from an aching back, is that I keep seeing more work that needs doing in the garden.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

Time for grass cutting here too. Was all prepared to get it done today but the battery on the mower was dead.