Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Feels Like Summer.

The day started with lovely blue skies which then clouded over but by the end of the afternoon we were back to blue again. At the end of school it felt like a summer day with happy children everywhere. The after school sports club had taken a big group of children on to the field, lots of children were playing in the playground as their parents chatted, more children were climbing up trees and I think a group of parents and children were preparing to work on the Secret Garden. 
My morning was spent doing a final tidy in the conservatory including scrubbing some of the concrete floor especially where it had a slight green tinge after which I finished sorting out the old wood shed. One more run to the dump and that's another job I can tick off my list.
My afternoon was spent with the reception children making bees after their visit to the honey farm last week. My idea of using black and yellow electrical insulating tape on the cardboard tubes worked a treat. I had thought they might all end up looking the same but there is already a lot of variety in the way they've applied the tape. 
I got home quickly after work and had a good session working outside clearing the overgrown grass around the top of the waste water tank and tidying up a bed of tall ornamental grasses. 

No comments: