Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Tall Plant in Small Car.

Lots of sunshine today with a strong though cold wind blowing which made for a good drying day. I didn't have any sheets to wash so I washed our fleece underblanket instead.  
It had to be a day for working outside so I found myself a sunny spot out of the wind and tidied up the little patch of rough ground by the old back door. That included raking the ground  to even up the slope so that I can run the mower over it which should take care of any weeds I missed.
I still had a bit of time before I needed to leave for work so I made a start on the bog garden breaking off all the old astilbe stalks and digging out the weeds which had their roots deep beneath the layer of silt deposited by the winter flooding.
In the sparkle of the sun on the stream I saw lots of tiny trout fry. There are at least 2 in this shot.
We had a staff meeting following an afternoon of yet more bees but finished reasonably early so I was able to drive across town to Saint Johns Garden Centre where they had a good selection of tall plants suitable for the conservatory. Big plants are pricey so in the end I chose this Schefflera Arboricola (dwarf umbrella tree) which was £25. I went into Tesco's afterwards and half way round the shop my handset (to scan and pack your shopping as you walk around the shop) went blank. When I spoke to a member of staff she said their internet had gone down and I ended up having to go through the regular check out.  

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely plant for your conservatory. Like you, I've been cleaning my garden. Would you believe-last Fall I dug up my circle garden and made it 2 feet in circumference smaller. I made a map of the new circle garden and now can't find it. So, as I weeded today I made sure I knew the leaf coming up in order not to pull plants. Hopefully I made no mistakes.