Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 April 2016

Sunny.

Another sunny day though the wind was a bit chilly especially when the clouds covered the sun. First thing in the morning we got on with the lights. I was able to take down the spotlight over my PC and replace it with the last of the double lights almost unaided. In fact there was a bit too much unneeded advice and let's just say there was some dis-harmony in the house. Peter started on the conservatory light but there's no power going through the wires. All it needs is a fuse but the fuse board in there needs smaller than normal fuses so we have to buy one at an electrical suppliers. 
Out in the garden I tidied up this stone bed picking off the fallen leaves and then digging out the grass roots that had crept in under the stones. When wetter weather returns I shall take some of the Knautia Macedonia and the blue salvia to propagate in the veg garden. I have a real fondness for blue flowers and the comfrey (below) growing along the edge to the drive looked even brighter than in the photo.
Sitting outside and reading my book gave my back time to rest (the painkiller also helped). I  then had another shorter gardening session pulling out nearly everything that has gone a bit wild at the end of the grass bed in an effort to make it look tidier. 

No comments: